Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Liebster Award


Delirium, author of Thrill of the Wild, has nominated me for a Liebster Award. Even though I've honestly never heard of the Liebster, I'm flattered. Delirium's blog is far superior to mine, and I really appreciate the endorsement. It works like this:

    Write a blog post about the Liebster Award
    Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog
    Display the award on your blog
    Answer the eleven questions that the blogger who nominated you gives you
    Give eleven random facts about yourself
    Nominate five blogs that you think deserve the award
    Create eleven questions for them to answer
    List the rules in your post
    Inform the bloggers that they’ve been nominated and provide them the link to your post

Blogs I Nominate:

Hunters Rhok

*Not to break the rules, but it seems everything else I still read has already been nominated. WoW blogs aren't what they used to be. I blame the rise of streaming. I'll update this accordingly if I have forgotten someone. And I look forward to finding some new blogs from this whole Liebster thing. Alright, on to Delirium's questions for me.

1. What's the best (and/or your favorite) blog post you've ever written, and why?
I think Lone Wolf is a Terrible Idea is my favorite. I like how the writing turned-out, it generated some discussion, and proved to be at least a little bit prescient. I have since calmed down a little regarding Lone Wolf.

2. If you could take any moment from your life, and relive it, what would it be?
A certain first kiss I had many years ago. We were on a bridge over the Willamette River with the whole city's lights behind us. I haven't seen or heard from the woman in years-it was that great of a first kiss. I look forward to having a better one some day.

3. What was your favorite tier in WoW?
Tier 4. It was far from the best designed tier, but it was the most meaningful for me. It was the first tier I raided all the way through, my first (only) participation in a realm first kill, and the first armor set I completed while it was current. I still run with some of the friends I made during T4.

4. Where would you, and where would your characters, like to grow old, once they're finished killing dragons?
My hunter would retire to the woods of Ashenvale, where he learned to hunt and tame back in the day. My priest would go to Stormwind. I would/will retire on Vieques, a tiny island next to Puerto Rico. If you ever get a chance to go there-do it.

5. What book are you reading right now (or the most recent book) and why did you like it?
I'm currently reading Ancillary Justice by Anne Leckie. If you like science fiction I definitely recommend it. I read almost entirely non fiction, so this is a nice change of pace. It's the right balance of pleasure reading and a challenge (which I enjoy).

 6. If you could have any super hero power, what would it be?
 Flight. It's boring, but true.

7. If you could change any one thing in WoW, what would it be?
Access to the entire hunter stable anywhere. I only play a few classes, but I can't think of any other class that can't use all of their abilities or buffs out in the world.

8. What was your favorite lore moment in WoW?
The end of Dragon Soul. The whole idea that we are now in the age where mortals are the caretakers of Azeroth is awesome. Talk about a great big picture reason for all your characters to still be adventuring (and me still playing). For me, that was a much more satisfying ending than Wrath or Pandaria.

9. If you had to be stranded on a deserted island with on NPC from WoW, who would it be?
Love this question. It was tough to chose one, but I'm gonna have to go with Rexxar.

10. What other games do you like to play?
Oh boy. WoW is the only video game I play with regularity, but the list of games I play is quite long. D&D probably goes without saying. I'm way into Fantasy Football during the season. Cards Against Humanity, Betrayal at the House on the Hill, Dominion, Caracssone, Settlers, Jenga (that's our back from the bar game), Dominos, Cribbage, Chess. This list could get really long so I'll stop there. As a native Midwesterner I have played a metric ton of Euchre in my life and recently discovered a variation called Wizard. Wizard is amazing.

11. What's your inspiration for writing WoW blogs?
I write regularly for my day job so I started my blog just to have an outlet to regularly write for an audience (even a tiny one). I would have to say my inspiration were the first WoW bloggers I read. I'm talking Big Red Kitty, Frostheim, Euripides, and Allison Robert. Special nod to Allison. She is just hilarious. I always read her druid column just for the humor, even though I've never ever played a druid. If LOL Survival ever contributes 10% of what these bloggers have to the WoW community, I will consider it a total success.


My Questions for Them:
1. What was harder, 10 or 25 person raiding? Everyone has an opinion.
2. What's your favorite non WoW blog?
3. Which country that you haven't visited yet would you like to?
4. Who really killed President Kennedy?
5. Should we get flight back? If so, when?
6. iOS or Android?
7. Your favorite hunter pet? Even non hunters have one.
8. Where should we go in the next expansion?
9. Favorite artist in any medium?
10. Do you PvP? Why or why not?
11. Could WoW support another class, or are we full?

Random Facts about JC:
1. I grew up in Detroit, Michigan and now live in Portland, Oregon.
2. I teach high school history.
3. My main is still the very first character I ever created when I bought WoW in 2006. Hunters are just that amazing.
4. I was lucky enough to be an exchange student in Spain when I was in college. Siesta may be the single greatest human invention ever, but it's probably the semiconductor.
5. Eminem owns the house across the street from where I grew up. He's pretty much never there.
6. I hold the world record for number of boss kills with a Riding Crop equipped.
7. I've never watched someone stream or unbox anything ever. Probably never will.
8. Sometimes I mess around with turntables. If you like dance music, here is one of my mixes.
9. A dream of mine is to hike the Pacific Crest Trail. It predates Wild I swear.
10. I raid with a 2-button trackball. On a Mac.
11. I was a terrible older brother. My sister still brings up the time I handcuffed her to the Canadian Border.

This was incredibly fun to write. Many thanks to Delirium for the nomination and the great questions. I had to restrain myself from adding a bunch of honorable mentions to my answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment